The Effect by Lucy Prebble
Hope Synth Laboratories invite you to witness a live clinical trial testing the very latest developments in psycho-pharmacology. Join our expert team Dr Lorna James and Dr Toby Sealey at a state of the art live-in testing facility. Here brave volunteers Connie and Tristan trial our innovative antidepressant medication with potentially life changing results.
Warning! Effects of the medication may include:
- Racing hearts, lost appetites, lack of sleep and erratic emotions
- Formation of illicit relationships
- Questioning the ethics of the pharmaceutical industry
- Falling in love
- Connie Hall: Kristen Flanagan
- Tristan Frei: Constantin Gindele
- Dr Lorna James: Kathryn Dorgan
- Dr Toby Sealey: Luis Montero
- To be announced
- Director: Carol Hayes
- Assistant Director: Daniel Neil Ash
- Dates: 1st - 10th October 2020
- Location: Krudttønden, Serridslevvej 2, 2100 København
- Start time: 19:30 (16:30 Sunday)
- Running time: 120 mins plus break
- Age limit: 14+
This is a Copenhagen Theatre Circle Production, in collaboration with Assemble Theatre Collective. Visit www.ctcircle.dk for details.
The Effect written by Lucy Prebble is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals Ltd. on behalf of Samuel French Ltd. www.concordtheatricals.co.uk
About the author
Lucy Prebble is an award-winning writer for theatre and the stage. She most recently has been executive producer-writer for multi-award-winning TV series Succession. The Effect premiered at the National Theatre London in 2013 and received critical acclaim from both the theatre and mainstream press.